I cut what was easily a six pound pumpkin, so from it recipes must flow. This one was a favorite for all of us. These fall pumpkin cookies will be staple in my home for years to come. While these are outrageously delicious they are certainly the type of cookies that take all day to make. If you ask me, they are perfect for Covid weekends. We are staying home more, cooking more, and cleaning more too.
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup pure Pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a medium bowl.
- beat granulated sugar and butter with mixer on medium high speed, then blend in pumpkin, egg, and vanilla until incorporated. – Try really hard not to eat the batter.
- Gradually mix in flour and dry ingredients. Refrigerate dough for 3-4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Using a tablespoon measurer to scoop the dough and roll 1 inch balls.
- Roll in powder sugar, and place dough balls on baking sheet
- Bake for 11-13 minutes. Store in airtight container or bag.
We made three desserts in one weekend, it’s only fair we photograph them all together below to stir up some of that fall spirit in you.